Thursday, March 5, 2009

Welcome to my life!

Wow... Where to start??? I miss doing this... Well, right now my house is in a state of disarray because we are moving!!! There are boxes everywhere... it feels like a maze! But it is an exciting time for us. I started a new FULL-TIME job three weeks ago, Superman got accepted to Seminary and he starts a new job soon! God has been blessing us beyond belief... it's probably because He is sick of hearing me whine all the time...just kidding.
My new job is going great and it's the first time in my life where I have a job I truly love. I can't wait to get up and go to work everyday and I love that I don't know the job completely, because it's also challenging! I am still at JCPenney's, but I only work there once or twice every other week to keep the discount. I am excited that I get to home every night. It is also great that it is down the street from my house... for now. Making $20 an hour is not too bad either.
We are moving into a smaller apartment in a nicer neighborhood. We are moving to Rotterdam. For those of you who don't know, that is only 15 minutes from Schoharie and 20 from Albany. We are going from a three-bedroom to a two-bedroom, but there is a washer/dryer and a dishwasher (this is great news for our current dishwasher, Superman!) and even has off-street parking. The other great thing is that it's $300 cheaper every month- which will help us continue to honor God but eliminating our debts. We are very excited about it. We still have to wait two weeks to move into it, but I pray the time flys by.
Superman up and quit his job at Ruby Tuesday because he felt like he was being disobedient to God by keeping it. Who am I to hinder God's calling on his life? Though I wanted him to put in his two-week notice and quit the right way, Superman insisted he just say goodbye that night and not go back. Right now he is not working at all, but that will change in a few weeks. He was offered a job helping this elderly woman we know. Marie is the cousin of a friend and she is not only elderly, but has demetia. She needs someone to cook for her and stay with her during the day. This is right up Superman's alley, considering he is going to also start Nursing school in the fall. This new job is felxible, part-time and he will be able to do his homework there. It's truly an answer to prayer!! We are thankful for God's guiding hand!
The longer Superman and I have been married, the better we seem to get along and master co-existing. We are doing better than ever. Ever since we are being mentored by our pastor and God grabbed Superman's heart, things are much better!! Praise God! It's amazing that though I would like Superman to change at much faster speeds, God is changing him- and me. It's great!
I have been feeling really sad lately at the same time though! (Ain't it just like me to ruin a great moment by dwelling on something sour?) I am feeling like the struggle of being a good friend versus being a wife. I feel like when I got married, I made my decision to give up a social life for a life with my husband. I wanted so badly to be home at night so I could learn to embrace "Betty Housewife." I enjoy learning to cook, but I also wanted to see friends and family sometimes. Where is the balance? I think I need to just establish a better system or something. I need more routine and to be spontaneous at the same time. AHHHH!!! I miss having close friends and family to talk to. Sometimes I feel like Superman is my only friend and I'm sure he gets sick of hearing it all the time. This issue makes my head spin!
All in all though, life is good and God is great! I am truly blessed and thankful!

No comments:

About Me

I am the wife of the world's most amazing man (this is not up for debate, it's fact) and I am loving life!!