Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Go Walking...

As some of you may know, when Superman went to Seminary orientation the other day, he was told he was accepted, but not until the fall. They were not able to process his paperwork in time, as a few of the needed recommendation forms were VERY late. Superman and I made this deal on Monday that if he didn't call me, then he didn't get accepted. Well I am not someone to take no for an answer very easily, so at lunch time I called him. He said, "I got in, I'll talk to you about the details later." I interpreted this to mean he would talk to me about the living arrangements and such later. Me and my big mouth just can't be patient; I went on Facebook and immediately announced how excited I was that he got in. Well, this got me a ton of replies and congratulations! I got in the car and the first thing he says to me is that he'd wished I had WAITED to post anything on Facebook! After explaining to me the whole story (see above), I realized how hasty I had truly been. Now this blog is not a pity party, but rather a lesson for me. Anyone that knows me, knows that it takes me an awful long time to get over things- I sometimes think I could stay mad forever! This is a very bad trait of mine. Well, up until this point, I have been learning about the importance of God's timing, and I have been seeking him to change me and make me more like Him. I had seen any fruits of that prayers until that day. I, at first was very disappointed and mad. I was really looking forward to moving to Rotterdam (a lot of my close friends are there and it's closer to the fam) and was upset that I had to stay in that apartment paying the higher of the two rents. Instead of lashing out on Superman and making him feel worse (he was a bit disappointed too!), I just sat there in silence. A few tears ran down my cheek, but by the end of the car ride, I was fine. Not just put on a show fine, but really fine. I couldn't believe it! Not only was I fine, but I felt a tremendous sense of peace- who know! I realize now that it's was actually a blessing in disguise. We have so much going on, we are trying to get another car, pay off debt, and the last thing we needed was Superman to start school and try to move- all within the same week. Also, Superman is sick right now, so he would have had a hard time his "first week." The reason I was not as upset as I thought I could have been (I even surprised Superman as well as myself with my reaction!), is that my hope this whole time has been in God, not in Seminary. I know that "God is at work in our lives, to will and to do to His good pleasure!" I am thankful for this valuable lesson.
The weather has also contributed to my great mood. Spring always brings me a renewed sense of hope and it drives away the negativity! I went for a walk yesterday to the park and back after work, and it was awesome! I love being able to breath fresh air and take in God's awesome splendor- I always use that opportunity to talk with my Daddy! I am learning so much; I have started reading "Help Me I'm Insecure" by Joyce Meyer. I know what you're thinking, "it sounds cheesy; you should have read this a long time ago." It may sound cheesy, but God is using it. I am finally ready to embrace who God is. I am learning to "take ever thought captive under the submission of the Holy Spirit." And you know what, I am changing! For the first time in my life, what I am reading is sinking in! "I am the righteousness of Christ!" There are so many evident changes in my life- I have been reading my Bible on my down time and on my lunch break at work, and I have even started walking to and from work- I love it! The biggest change for me is the fact that I have been waking with or before my alarm. Anyone that knows me, knows how much of a struggle that has truly been for me FOR YEARS! Praise God for in His goodness and mercy; He has not only overcome death and the grave, but also ALL of my failures! I have never been so joyful or thankful in my life!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

God is good no matter what... keep seeking after Him

About Me

I am the wife of the world's most amazing man (this is not up for debate, it's fact) and I am loving life!!