Thursday, October 30, 2008

Still standing strong...

So we are heading into week three of Superman's unemployment and I because of God I am still standing strong. This has been a very trying time for me and Superman. I feel like it is a true test of faith in God. I feel like Superman and I are in a season of preparation-financially, spiritually and physically. I am working hard to keep my body in shape so that if God choses to expand our family (not that this is the greatest time for that, but I can prepare), I am physically ready. All this week, I have been very positive and in good spirits about everything, knowing God is in control and going to take care of us. But today, I feel as though my strength is fading and I am beginning to unravel. I know that to everything there is a season, but I can't help but wonder if I brought this on myself... I wonder why it is that when I am doing well, I forget to include God, but when things start going wrong, that's when I remember to pray and read my Bible? I haven't always been the best steward with the money God has provided for me, and for a time, money, not God, ruled my life. All that has changed in the last few months. I have been working all those jobs to be rid of, once and for all, all of the mistakes and poor stewardship I have been with money. I have finally been trusting God with WHOLE life, not just parts. I know it is God who gives and God who takes away, but I am frustrated that I keep causing Him to have to take away. Time and time again, I unravel and beg God to bail me out, He does, and yet I always find myself in this same place again. Why? Because I give God just enough to scrap by. A month ago, when we were doing good financially and I was paying off debt, I wasn't paying God ALL of my 10% tithe each week. I was only giving Him a small amount, compared to what I was making. When it was time to tithe, I was always annoyed at how much I had to give; however I could always justify buying that new outfit or movie without complaining. I am so frustrated at myself because I know better. The Bible is very clear about tithing and my attitude. Ever since Superman has been unemployed, I have given ALL 10% of my tithe unbegrudgingly (is that even a word, Aunt Moe?), and though I am nervous for the uncertainty in my future, I am feeling a lot better about honoring God. If you think of it, please continue to pray for Superman and me- that God would continue to clean us out of all the gook that is in us and prepare for all HE has for us. I am tired of living hand to mouth and getting no where financially in life...it is time for FREEDOM...that surpasses all understanding to guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

unbegrudgingly....yes, I think that's a word. If not, it should be! :>) Keep trusting God, Beth. He loves us, forgives us, and picks us up when we fall. He is gracious and merciful and there to be found every time we seek Him. Will be praying for you guys...do you need anything?

About Me

I am the wife of the world's most amazing man (this is not up for debate, it's fact) and I am loving life!!