Thursday, April 30, 2009

More Poetry... I've been writing like crazy!

Here are some more... for your reading pleasure!

4-17-09
Heart Cry
My heart’s cry is
Knowing God more
Doing His will
Living for the One
I love
I worship
Seeking Him with
All my heart
I run hard
After the Creator
The Author
The Finisher
Of my mustard seed faith
Believing God is
Who He says
I know His plans for me
Are good
He always has my best
Interest at heart
No matter how much
I don’t see it
Regardless of my feelings
Which are fickle
Fleeting
Finite
I entrust all
I am
And all I have
To the Lord
Because of Him
I have life
Breath
Purpose
Power
Most of all
Peace
Which passes
All understanding
Guarding my heart
And life in Jesus
God is at work
Within me
To will
To do
As He see fits
Not my will
My agenda
Even my plans
Will fail
And fall short
In comparison to the
Incomprehensible
Inconceivable
Irrevocable
Everlasting goodness
Of God
In and through
My life
Surrendering my heart
I lay prostrate before
The King
The Most High God
The Everlasting Father
My Daddy
Asking for His grace
Mercy
Love
To pour over me
Cleansing me from
Sin that so easily entangles
Entraps
Ensnares
Pressing forward
I fix my eyes on Jesus
My hearts cry fulfilled!
---"Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended: but one thing I do, forgetting those things, which are behind, and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14 (NKJV)---

Superhero
I am a Superhero
A vigilante of sorts
Holding up mirrors to the wicked
Saving God-followers from sin
Pointing out their faults
And shortcomings

I am a Superhero
A vigilante of sorts
Letting everyone know what
Is right and wrong
Showing them which path they’re on

I am a Superhero
A vigilante of sorts
I stand for all that’s right and good
Justice and truth
Liberty and freedom

I am a Superhero
A vigilante of sorts
Quick with the tongue
I shine light on iniquity
Arguing my rightness for all

I am a Superhero
A vigilante of sorts
I have no problem showing
Specks in others eyes
I know they appreciate it

I am a Superhero
A vigilante of sorts
Saving everyone but myself
All the while not shining
The mirror on the one
With the biggest plank
Protruding from my scalp

I am no longer a Superhero
But a hypocrite
A coward
A sinner
In need of grace
Humbled by my God
---"Judge not, that you be not judged…And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?… Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye…" Matthew 7:1, 3, 5 (NKJV)---

Being Beth
I want to write a poem
But I don’t know what to say
I pray my Savior Jesus
Please guide me all the way

Help me to be Beth my Lord
To be true to myself
Me in You and You in me,
All in one accord

Thank you that you give me strength
To stand up to the enemy
To say no thanks, no way, no how
That’s really not for me

When I don’t know what to do
Or what to think or say
I get down on both my knees
And I begin to pray

Jesus, Son of God
Please take my life now
It’s Yours
To You alone I bow. Amen.
---"Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world." 1 John 4:4 (NIV)---

4-21-09
This Incredible Journey
All my life I’ve lived for them
Giving in to their every whim
Picking up masks, and putting them on
Walking around, portraying a con
I’ve never lived my life for me
Or for the One that set me free
For the approval of others and for their love
Never yielding to the Father above
I became a chameleon every day
Always letting them have their way
Living for them from day till night
Never once did I put up a fight
Like a puppet on strings I played the part
Performing the act without any heart
I longed for happiness in my life
All they gave me was negativity and strife
Taking over every thought and prayer in me
I lived defeated instead of free
I never knew who I was or why I was created
Just that I wanted to loved, not hated
But all that has recently changed
My priorities are being rearranged
I have begun to question my worth
And if I was just an accident at birth
Who am I Lord? Why am I here?
Is my existence on earth just mere?
Out of the mire and muck I emerge
Into His marvelous goodness I’m submerged
No longer letting others rob me
Once blinded by selfishness and pity, now I see
I found the path I am supposed to be on
Removed from darkness, I head for the dawn
This journey I’m on has taken years
The road behind me is paved with tears
In order to find my true purpose
I search for direction beneath the surface
Everything I thought about myself was a lie
Pseudo-confidence was my best disguise
I focused my life on what I thought they wanted
Never knowing I was just being taunted
I have a Creator who lives up above
And He looks down on me with mercy and love
He calls me back, and nearer to Him
Letting go, I jump out on a limb
I was created to glorify the King
And to soar to new heights with my own wings
Christ’s power is within me, I know this is true
Because of Him, I am no longer blue
I know my birth was not a mistake
Being true to myself and no longer a fake
No more am I a puppet or marionette
I know I am chosen, and nobody’s pet
I can’t lose something that I never had
Living this way, this long makes me sad
Why I waited till now I don’t get
But living for God is a much better fit
I don’t know who I am completely
But through His word, I now see
I have a purpose for being alive
Living solely for God, I take the dive
No longer listening or looking to others
I only follow the One I call Father!
---"You’ll be disappointed if you look at people too much, if you look around, you’ll distracted; if you look within yourself, you’ll be discouraged. It’s only when you look unto Jesus, that you’ll develop confidence and peace." Anonymous---

4-24-09
Trinity
God before I lift baby and mom
During this crazy time, Lord be the calm
May baby come to know You the way I do
And bring You honor till her days are through
Through the laughs and trials
The standstill and the miles
God be the solid rock she clings to
And may her service to You Lord, be the song her heart sings true
Love, peace and grace to you, dear Trinity
I can’t wait to meet the one who’s already loved to infinity!
---"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made…" Psalm 139:13-14a---

4-30-09
Be the Center
I’ve known the Lord for eleven years
And in that time, there have been lots of tears
Encouraging words have come from within
And helped me to release my sin
I learned about God and to hear His voice
I realize living for God was a choice
For three years I studied God’s word
All through it all, His voice I had heard
I discovered passion I didn’t known I had
God delivered me from a childhood gone bad
Looking back I’ve progressed real far
Yet somehow, I stand here feeling marred
How is it possibly to have become so stagnant?
Where has all the progress went?
I can’t believe I’ve gone full circle
Lord I am in need of a miracle
My faith is weak and my marriage a mess
Happy times have turned to distress
I am embarrassed for the lack of growth in us
Empty words fall and gather like dust
Of all in the group, we’ve progressed the least
Since October, we’ve unleashed a beast
Of selfishness and resentment toward one another
Playing the blame game with the other
I lay before You God, prostrate
Please remove from me all hate
Toward him, toward others and especially toward me
I look to You to make me free
God I am humbled by my behavior
No longer can I be my savior
I spend so much time pointing my finger
And blaming others for my anger
The finger needs to point toward me
Reflecting in the mirror for me to see
My true colors have been revealed
And right now I need to be healed
I apologize for all the stifling I’ve caused
I hear You voice God, through the pause
Putting God in my marriage is priority number one
I need to focus less on me, and more on the Son
God I ask for You to come back in and be the center
Thank You for speaking to us through our mentors.

3-27-09
Head Jumble
The pain, the agony
Is too much too bear
His intentions are right
I know he is good
But how come I can’t see it?
Why is it hidden?
I miss him terribly
I really do
I wish what he said
Was what he could prove
I guess I just need to cling to his words
And forget that his actions are no good
Maybe it’s not intentional at all
Maybe it’s me
I’ve given up hope, as you can see
I have adopted the attitude
"Why bother?"
But I realize it’s not just him that suffers
When I don’t take care of myself
The way I ought
I feel crummy too
And very, very blue
I wish I could just easily
Let this thing go
But for some reason
I am still holding on
From this point on
It’s time to take care
Of me, for me
Even if he cannot appreciate it
I don’t want to continue
Living my life this way
So I must become a chameleon
So many times I’ve tried on my own
To change what I’ve become
I want to be a woman
No longer a girl
Who sits idly by and waits
For life to come
Though this my life
And I should take it back
I have decided
To let go of the reigns
And turn it over to the One
Who knows me through and through
I lay down my deep disappointment
In him and also in me
I want to be beautiful
I want to be strong
But most of all, I want to be desirable
I know what I’ve become
And I am not proud of it
I know I’ve changed
But I still love him
I am not ready to let him go
Though it’s deeply saddening
That he no longer wants me
I must rest in knowing God does
I need to come to a place in my life
Where I am okay
With who I am
What I’ve become
And where I am at in life
Until I embrace
His knowledge and truth
I will never overcome
I am victorious
Because of Jesus
And His life
He poured out for me
I am thankful that
I am my beloved’s and
He is mine
I need to learn to rest
And worry less about him
And more about God in me
Am I doing all that I can…
To bring honor and glory to Him?
Does my life reflect who He is?
Have I truly surrendered all to His plan?
I am more than more a conqueror
Have I embraced it?
Or do I still cower away?
God be my rock
Be my salvation
The God in whom I place all trust
Take my life
And make it new
Change me from the inside
Be my rock
And my comfort
Give me the strength
To overcome
Or at least endure
Help me to forgive
No matter how hurt I am
This is the way life is for now
I need to learn to embrace it
This truth still remains:
He loves me but
He doesn’t want me
Yet I forgive him still!
---"…Even as Christ forgave you, so you must also forgive others." Colossians 3:13---

4-30-09
Inner Plight
God be the center of all I do
Deliver me from feeling blue
I am heavy-hearted and deeply sad
I know I must’ve made You mad
Failure is my true reward
I relied on me, and not Your sword
I was doing fine for a spell
Then my head began to swell
I thought I was okay
As long as I did things my way
But I have been mistaken
Walking around, I was faking
Pretending I could save myself
And that I was the answer to acquiring wealth
But Lord I was wrong for thinking that I could
Solve all my problems just as You would
I thought I knew what was best for me
Living like I was truly free
But the truth of the matter remains
I need You like the grass needs rain
I have deceived myself into thinking
That I was okay, even though I was sinking
You oh Lord have shone my the light
And revealed to me my inner plight
I don’t want to be disobedient to You
And I want You to know I love You too
Help me to match my words to my actions
In order to stop, I need brakes and traction
I find myself in sinking sand
If only You would stretch out your hand
And deliver me though I don’t deserve it
Igniting a fire that is no longer lit
A passion for the lost deep within me
Showing others how they can be free
Taking my eyes off of me and the trouble I’m in
Please forgive me, for I have sinned
Refocus my life and change my vision
A heart transplant through spiritual incision
Out with myself and in with Your desires
Help me out of the muck and mire
Lord I know I’ll be okay
If I just do things Your way
Not my will but Yours be done
I know the victory has already been won!

Daddy
Daddy’s a crazy and cool guy
He like to tell jokes and he loves to spy
Video camera in his hand
He acts like he’s in command
Warheads is his favorite song
When it comes to math, he’s always wrong
After work, he is always cranky
And his best friends name is Frankie!

The Porcelain Figurine
Creamy white is what she wore
When she broke upon the floor
Her pirouette is no more
Her beauty I did adore

How I Loved Thee
Oh my love, how I loved thee by and by
Thou were my all, I lived for thee each day
Thou meant so much to much, I want to cry
How I love thee, but our love shan’t go on

Our love was like that of the morning dove
Thy kiss, better than the scent of roses
Pure faithfulness from thee was what I got
But have slipped from thy gracious poses

But I have failed thee and have let thee down
I was so unworthy to wear thy crown

Muddled
Muddled in the backseat
Between joyfulness and fear
The two the rival against each other
Suddenly compete for a similar goal
Companionship with me the prize
If I try to side with joy
Fear intimidates
And if I try to side with fear
Joy permeates
Back and forth
I rock and sway
Titter-tottering between them both
Hoping for a stalemate
I hold my breath
And continue to sit
Muddled in the backseat

Dear Superman
Two and a half years ago I made a vow
But I have broken my promises somehow
I promised I would always love you
And till my last breath I’d always be true
Somewhere between then and now
I’ve changed the direction to whom I bow
I looked to you to change in me
All the things I need to be free
But I realize now it’s all been a lie
As I look back, I let out a sigh
I had put my life in your hands, not God’s
And lived all this time in a fascade
I relied on you to seek God for me
As if by you, I could walk free
So for this very thing I apologize
With a heavy-heart, I close my eyes
I tell you now it doesn’t end there
With this next issue, I know you’re very aware
I’ve shifted from looking for God through you
To blaming you for all the things I don’t do
It’s not your fault I haven’t changed
I have become self-loathing and out of range
Since we’ve gotten married, I’ve become selfish and ungrateful
To the point where being around me, I know is painful
I am responsible for the things I do and say
For the last four years, it’s all been my way
It hasn’t been you who’s stifled or hindered me
But the one who’s reflecting in the mirror I see
I have been a mouthy, unruly wife
Because of that, there has been strife
I’m really sorry for all the pain I’ve caused
And as a result, a love almost lost
I don’t want to lose my best friend
Rosie the Riveter has come to an end
I have been redeemed by the blood of Christ
So I surrender all this negativity in my life
In light of all this, I have a question now
Is it too late to renew my vows?

No comments:

About Me

I am the wife of the world's most amazing man (this is not up for debate, it's fact) and I am loving life!!